At the end of last week, I put myself on a self imposed book ban, by Friday I was in desperate need of some therapeutical book buying and these are the books I bought. All charity shop finds, from a new charity shop in our area. The paperbacks were all 30p each and the bigger books were a £1.
- My Family and Other Animals by naturalist Gerald Durrell. I watched this on the television last year and absolutely loved it, so I was pleased to find this book especially as it was originally sold for 40p many years ago.
- The Shipping News by Annie Proulx - been after this book for a long while too.
- Flambards by EM Preston - when I was growing up this used to be one of my favourite programmes to watch, so I couldn't resist buying it.
- The Complete Works of Jane Austen - this is a beautifully bound book that does not look like it has ever been read and I got it for a £1!
- The Best of James Herriot - by James Herriot. This is another programme I was brought up watching so I am really pleased to find this book with quite a selection of his book in it, also for a £1.
- Mysteries of the World - non fiction book about everything weird and wonderful in our world.
- Magyk by Angie Sage
- The Whispering Road by Livi Michael
- Darkhenge by Catherine Fisher - I read a few stories by Catherine Fisher at the beginning of the year, so I was pleased to find this one.
- European Cruises and Ports of Call - purely research
- Wild Flowers and how to spot them - I do get frustrated over my lack of plant knowledge, so I am trying to rectify this with a beginners guide (children's version!)
So there you go, as per usual I am inundated with books. What did you get this week?