This weekend has become a bit of an unofficial long weekend as the children's school is closed for inset day on Monday. For my American and Canadian readers, inset days are when the schools carry out training for the teachers and the schools normally have about 5 or 6 a year. As my previous job was teaching, I never really enjoyed these days as I was always uncomfortably aware that everyone else with children would be taking advantage of this impromptu day off and I would have to find childminders for the day as I would have to be in school. Though this year, as I am no longer teaching, the shoe is on the other foot and I get to take my children out to places which are normally far to busy to visit during the holidays. Though in saying that, I haven't a clue how we are going to spend the day off.
Today is planned as a calm day at home, as both my girls attended a science course yesterday down by the harbour. Hubby is out fishing, so the kids and I are just going to take it easy. I am hoping they will be keen to visit the park, so I can take my book and read.
This week I finished three books.
1) Voodoo Season by Jewell Parker Rhodes - to be reviewed later this week.
2) The Funny Thing Is.. by Ellen Degeneres -reviewed here.
3) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - also to be reviewed later this week followed by a giveaway.
I am presently reading two books.
1) Getting to Manana by Miranda Innes
2) Housekeeping by Marilynn Robinson
I also hope to start reading.
1)A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton
2) Angels in My Hair by Lorna Fitzgerald Byrne.
So that is my week of reading planned. Not sure how I am going to fit it in, as this really is a busy week, but I shall give it a go.
Happy Sunday Salon!