This month started off as a slow reading month, only to escalate at the end of the month by reading five books in one week. So I ended up reading twelve books in all.
73) Mr Toppit by Charles Elton
74) The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
75)Magyk by Angie Sage
76) Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeiffer - Fabulous
77) The Shack by WM Paul Young
78) The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Armin - Fabulous
79) Crossed Wires by Rosy Thornton - to be reviewed
80) 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff -Fabulous
81) Indian Mutiny by Pratima Mitchell - to be reviewed
82) If I Stay by Gayle Forman.- Fabulous
83) The Knife of Letting Go by Patrick Ness - to be reviewed. Fabulous
84) Mayflower - The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple - to be reviewed.
Out of all the books I read I would say that five were outstanding reads, which I have marked and I would definitely recommend to everyone to read.
I feel bad that out of all those books only two were my own, the rest came from the library. I really need to limit my library visits and start catching up on my own books. You should have seen me taking books back yesterday, trying not to look at the books, especially when I noticed a Barbara Erskine and simliar authors stand full of supernatural books! It took all my strength to walk out empty handed.
I am pleased to have read 84 books this year and hope to reach a 100 books by November. It has not been as hard as I thought it would be. I know a lot of my friends are under the impression that I have a book permanently perched under my nose, but I really only read in the evenings. I don't really watch television anymore as I would rather read a book.
With September upon us, I am aware that I need to start concentrating on finishing some of my challenges instead of taking on new ones. Though the new ones were just too tempting for words.
The girls go back to school next Monday, so I am not sure how my reading will go as I won't be able to stay up so late reading, when I have to be up again at 6 in the morning to get the girls up. I hate the thought of them going back to school, as we are not good at mornings in our house and tempers seem to fray early. I also don't like the mornings gradually getting darker as I find it quite depressing and hate getting up in the dark. At least the nights will become cosier, in front of the fire with a good book.
So that wraps up August for me this month. How many did you read?