It is a lovely event to attend and we try and go every year.
There was a funfair in the middle of the town, surrounded by little stalls as well as a BBQ stand and candy floss trolley. In the church, the local choir were singing Christmas carols, whilst everyone watching were treated to mulled wine and mince pies.
My favourite part of the whole evening though, has to be the library sale. I went to that first before I even looked at anything else. It was a £1 a bag, which you filled up as much as possible. I ended up having two bags full of books, as the girls chose some each.
Here are the books that I purchased.
1)The Witch Trade by Michael Molloy
2) The Survival Game by Tim Wynne Jones
3) The Innocent Mag by Karen Miller
4) The Awakened Mag by Karen Miller
5) Lost and Found by Valerie Mendes
6) The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
7) The Gift by Lewis Hyde
8) The Templar Knight by Jan Guillou
9) The Trial by Franz Kafka
10) The Flea Palace by Elif Shafak
11) Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
12) Poppy Shakespeare by Clare Allan
13) In the Wood by Tana French
14) The Dark Flight Down by Marcus Sedgwick
15) An Infamous Army by Georgette Heyer
What a fantastic haul for £2. Don't you just love a library sale!
I have to say though, my hubby was not impressed by my new haul right before Christmas. I have asked for lots of books in my Christmas stocking and my book shelves are heaving under the mountain of books already there. Perhaps I should have asked for more book shelves for Christmas.