Here are the rules.
1. The challenge runs from February 1st through May 15th, 2010.
2. Between now and May 15th, read 1 (one) book set in New York City and post your review. You can certainly read more, if you’re the overachieving type, but I’m trying to get maximum participation. The book can be non-fiction or fiction, poetry or prose, graphic novel or audio book…whatever floats your boat. It can even be a guidebook. It just has to have New York City as its primary setting. And no fair using a book you’ve already read.
3. A separate post will be created with a Mr Linky for everyone to post their reviews.
4. Each month there will also ba a post with a sort of mini-challenge asking people to write a post about New York. You do not have to participate in any of these. Each mini-challenge will have a New York themed prize for one of the participants.
The mini challenge for this month is already up, so I thought I would add it into this post.
For the month of February, your task (should you choose to accept it) is to compile a list of ten things about New York. These can be anything.
My list will be ten different books that I would like to read about New York.
1) My First New York : Early Adventures in the Big City (As Remembered by Actors, Artists, Athletes, Chefs, Comedians, Filmmakers, Mayors, Models, Moguls, Porn Stars, Rockers, Writers, and Others) by various contributors.
2) New York by Edward Rutherfurd.
3)The Subway Chronicles:Scenes from Life in New York by Jacquelin Cango.
4)Manhattan, When I was Young by Mary Cantwell
5)Old New York by Edith Wharton
6)The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
7) The House the Rockerfellas Built:A Tale of Money, Taste, and Power in Twentieth-Century America by Robert Dazell
8) The Last Mrs Astor: A New York Story by Frances Kiernan
9) The Gangs of New York by Herbert Asbury
10) Grand Illusion: The Untold Story of Rudy Giuliani and 9/11 by Wayne Barratt
So there are the ten books I would be interested in reading about New York. All of them can be found on Amazon, if anyone is interested.
Anyone wishing to join in with challenge, please click here.