Jenny (Take Me Away)
Ti (Book Chatter)
Lisa – Lit And Life
Peeking Between the Pages
J.C. Montgomery (The Biblio Blogazine)
WhitneyJoAnn (Lakeside Musing)
Gentle Reader (Shelf Life)
Amy at New Century Reading
Geri at One More Foggy Notion
Rob at Books are Like Candy Corn
Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity
Summary Of Final Chapters.
- Mr Lockwood informs Heathcliff of his decision to quit the Grange.
- Mr Lockwood tries to attract the attentions of Catherine, but fails dismally.
- The story moves to September and Mr Lockwood returns to Wuthering Heights and the Grange, only to find Ellen removed from the Grange.
- Mr Lockwood finds Ellen at the Heights and Ellen informs him that Heathcliff has died.
- Catherine has fallen in love with Hareton and both will be moving to the Grange in the New Year.
- Heathcliff seemed to go mad before his death.
- All's well that end well.
Thank god, Heathcliff finally got what he deserved. I am so glad to see the back of him. He is the most evil character I have ever read about and I want to sing and dance over his demise.
I am over the moon that this book is finished and now I want to burn it, as I have no plans to ever read it again. I am just glad I never had to read it for my A levels as I think I would never have made it to the end.
I don't think the book is badly written, I just think it is so depressing and I have never witnessed so many people dying in such a short space of time. This book is just pure bleakness and really not one for someone to read if they are suffering any form of depression.
I am now going to read something full of humour and happiness, to help me move back into my happy zone.