1) The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman has been on my TBR list since it came out, but I have resisted the urge to buy it. Then I walk into the library and find it staring out at me from the shelf.
2) The Blackwater Lightship by Colm Toibin - I loved Brooklyn, which I read early this year and was desperate to get my hands on another Toibin book. This book is set in Ireland during the 1990's and looks at a family who come together to support a dying loved one.
3) Brixton Beach by Roma Tearne - this was one of the books chosen for the TV Book Club and is about a young girl who moves from Sri Lanka to London and happens to be there on July 7th 2005 (also known as 7/7) when the London bombings occurred.
4) The White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey was shortlisted for the Orange Prize this year. This book follows the story of an English couple who move to Trinidad and how over the years their lives alter.
5) Ellis Island by Kate Kerrigan was one of the TV Book Club's summer reads and it caught my eye because the story reminds me of Brooklyn by Colm Toiben.
6) Lookin Best of the 80's is rather a nostalgic read for me. During the 80's Lookin was a weekly comic sold at 15p, which featured lots of famous stars of the decade in comic strips. My nan used to buy it for me every week and I kept the originals for many years, but alas ,they are long gone now.
7) Life in the Victorian Times is a research book that I was interested in reading, as are the two books below.
8) Victorian Village Life by Neil Philip
9) This Year You Will Write a Novel by Walter Mosley
I have started reading The Graveyard Book already as I just couldn't wait. Off now to immerse myself in books. What books did you get this week?