As part of the Come Back to Me tour, I am pleased to welcome back Sarah Alderson to tell us seven secrets about her books. Her new adult book, Come Back To Me has been written under the pen name of Mila Gray. Check out details of the competition Sarah is running at the end of the post.
7 things you don’t know about my books
1. I wrote Hunting Lila on a borrowed laptop on my bed, every evening after work. It took me four months. It sold to Simon & Schuster 3 months later.
2. The character of Alex Wakeman was based in part on the actor Alex Skarsgard, after I saw him in Generation Kill playing a Marine. But I borrowed my husband’s eyes and personality (yes, I am the luckiest woman to be married to a real-life Alex Wakeman).
3. I never thought about being a writer until I was 31 and quit my job and needed something to pay the bills (oh, how ironic).
4. I have two books sitting in my drop box folder that I haven’t yet published. One is a dystopia set on a slave-carrying ship in space, and the other is a literary fiction book based on a relationship I had in my early 20s with a South African guy who grew up under apartheid.
5. Though Come Back To Me is my first new adult book, I’ve actually published an erotica too - under a pen name I will never tell anyone. I took the world from Fated and put a twist on it!
6. I set all my books in places that I’ve been. I love California and New York. I nannied in Nantucket. That’s why I set all my books there.
7. I’ve just written the screenplay for the Hunting Lila movie. The BFI funded the development of the script and we have an amazing production team behind it. Now we just need to find a director and finance it!
Sarah has set up the Rafflecopter contest which you can enter below.The prizes include a £60 voucher to the store of your choice, £20 Amazon Voucher and signed books. You just need to review the book on Amazon and Like my Mila Gray page on FB to be in with a chance! It is only open for 8 days so you need to be quick to read and review!
There are two ways to enter listed below.
And the link to the Rafflecopter page on my FB.
To find out more about Sarah Alderson: