I am over the moon to welcome author, Paige Toon, onto the blog today, as part of the blog tour for I Knew You Were Trouble, her latest YA novel. Paige has kindly allowed us to see where she writes all her best selling books!
1. I live in a village in Cambridgeshire. This is the view from my study window. In the winter, when there are no leaves on the trees, you can see right across the fields.
2. My writing space is really small. Initially it was designed (by my husband, an architect) to be a study space for the kids when they’re older, but I sort of stole it as my own. It doesn’t have a door, though, so I only ever get anything done when the kids are at school!
3. This is my summer reading pile. I love YA and I plan to devour these this summer before I get started writing the third book in the Jessie Jefferson series. The cars in the background are miniatures of the cars my dad (Vern Schuppan) drove during his racing career, including the Porsche he won Le Mans in. We’ve been collecting them to pass on to the kids one day.
4. These posters were designed by two of my readers and they show the way my books are linked to each other. Last year I launched an infographic competition in my newsletter, The Hidden Paige, and a girl called Pernille Meldgaard Pederson won. Her infographic is also my screensaver. She’s so talented – she and I have just started printing her designs onto mugs for my readers to buy.
5. I always take a notepad with me when I’m out and about and they’re full of my scribblings. Sometimes I end up writing pages and pages of my book and I have to type it all up when I get home. My characters don’t always like to wait when they have something to say ;-)
Note my noise-cancelling headphones at the back of the picture. If I try to write when my husband is doing the kids’ bedtime, it’s usually a noisy business!
I Knew You Were Trouble is published by Simon and Schuster on Friday!!!!
Life as the undercover daughter of a rock god isn't going to be easy. How will Jessie adjust to her old boring life again after spending her summer living it up with her dad in LA? With tough decisions ahead (and not just choosing between two hot boys), can she cope juggling her two very different lives?
Summer may be over, but Jessie's story is just beginning…
To find out more about Paige Toon: