In MyMailbox (IMM) is a weekly feature organised by The Story Siren. IMM is a post where you can show which books entered your house and it also gives you a chance to say thank you to the people that kindly sent them. To find out more about how you can join in click here.
1) Hidden by Miriam Halamy - This was kindly sent to me by Miriam, who along with a few other debut authors blogs at The Edge . I am quite excited by this book as it is set in Hayling Island, which is not too far from where I live.
2) Foolish Lessons in Life and Love by Penny Rudge - this was kindly sent to me by the fabulous Jenny at Abacus. This book was first published last year and has just been published in paperback form.
3) We Can Be Heroes by Catherine Bruton - this book looks at the effects on a family after 9/11 and I am quite intrigued by this story. This is published by Egmont and will be released in August.
4) Reckless by Cornelia Funke - Yay! I love Cornelia Funke. Inkheart has to be one of my favourite books ever, so very excited to read this one. The cover is lovely and has a darker feel about it in comparison with the hardback one which was white. This is published by Chicken House.
5) Six Days by Phillip Webb is also published by Chicken House and is published next week. This is a thrilling science fiction book aimed at the 12+ market.
6) Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson - I am looking forward to this sexy debut thriller which has got a lot of attention on Twitter. It is published by Simon and Schuster in August and is dubbed as a perfect summer read.Hodder and Stoughton and will be released at the end of September. I was extremely excited to see the cardboard theatre that came with the book. I love Lauren eclectic writing style and I look forward to reading her first children's book.
website. Click to see what it going on.
1) The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner published by Orion Children's Books in 2008
2) Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan published by HarperCollins Children's Books in 2010. I recently won a signed copy of the second book in this series, so I was thrilled to find the first one.
3) Promises In Death by J.D Robb published by Piatkus. in 2009
So lots of truly fabulous books to read there. Where to start?