To celebrate the publication of Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics, I have a list of the top ten quotes from the book. These are guaranteed to scare you a little.
- "The screaming, oh, all that screaming, and the claws, and the bloody footprints in the snow, and the devil who knew my sins..."
- "The devil has claimed me already."
- "I'm starting to believe that Hell is everywhere."
- "I think of the past few months, of lying so I could feel ecstatic and in control and alive, of telling myself that I would stop when I knew deep down that I had no intention to."
- "And that is when I saw the devil."
- "Here is my new home, my place to begin clean, a place that is rotted and overheated and covered in filth."
- "I curse myself for taking something unbreakable with my sister and finding a way to shatter it into pieces."
- "Because you already have a devil in you, girl. I see him whispering in your ear right now."
- "The man said that in some places, the land can come out to play through the living."
- "I know a ghost story that just so happens to be real."
Has that whet your appetite for the book?
Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics is published in October 2015 by Simon and Schuster.
Sixteen-year-old Amanda Verner fears she is losing her mind. When her family move from their small mountain cabin to the vast prairie, Amanda hopes she can leave her haunting memories behind: of her sickly Ma giving birth to a terribly afflicted baby; of the cabin fever that claimed Amanda's sanity; of the boy who she has been meeting in secret...
But the Verners arrive on the prairie to find their new home soaked in blood. So much blood. And Amanda has heard stories - about men becoming unhinged and killing their families, about the land being tainted by wickedness. With guilty secrets weighing down on her, Amanda can't be sure if the true evil lies in the land, or within her soul...
To find out more about Amy Lukavics:
Want to catch the other posts on the blog tour?