I mentioned the other week that I planned to join the Fall Into Reading Challenge as I was a little concerned about the books I needed to read by the end of the year in order to complete my reading challenges.
The Fall Into Reading Challenge is basically a challenge designed to suit you. For the challenge, you decide how many books you would like to read by December 20th, make a list and attempt to stick to them.
So I went through all my challenges and worked out what books I needed to read, then added a few extra that I really want to read and ended up with a list of 30 books. I then sat back in horror at the thought of actually reading 30 books by December 20th. Luckily one of my avid readers was on hand to remind me that on average I read about 12 books a month anyway, so I could easily complete this task.
For the first time ever, I have been really organised and put all the books I need to read on one shelf, so that I can wear blinkers as I pass all the other shelves. Some of my books are from the library and I have banned myself from getting anymore from the library until I have finished reading all 30 books. Don't get me wrong, I love the library, I just really need to start reading a lot of my own books first.
So here is my list of books to be read by December 20th. I will keep the list updated on this post rather than have a long list on my side bar.
1) The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
2) Sexing The Cherry by Jeanette Winterson
3) Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
4) Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
5)Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
6) The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
7)Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier
8) The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom (not shown)
9) A Case of Two Cities by Qiu Xiaolong
10) 100 Shades of White by Preethi Nair
11)Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
12) Ink Exhange by Melissa Marr
13) The Zahir by Paul Coelho
14) The Nightwatch by Sarah Waters
15) Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
16) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
17) The Ressurectionist by James Bradley
18) The Dead and Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
19) The Witch Hunter by Bernhard Knight
20) City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
21) City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
22) Snow Flower and The Secret Fan by Lisa See
23) The Icarus Girl by Helen Oyeyemi
24) Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout
25) Sharp North by Patrick Cave
26) The Many Conditions of Love by Farahad Zama
27) The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike
28) Fifty Days by Sarah Quigley
29) Uglies by Scott Westerfield
30) The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness
So that is my list, wish me luck.
If you would like to join in with this challenge, then please click on the picture above which will take you through to the guidelines for the challenge.