Sorry I abandoned you all this weekend. It was just far too hectic in our household and I knew I just wouldn't have time to visit anyone, so I thought it best to stay off altogether. Halloween took hold in our house and the planning for it just took so much time. Then the kids were off to a party yesterday and I am still playing catch up since the holiday.
I thought I would do my monthly roundup today, as well as wrap up the RIP challenge.
Firstly the monthly roundup.
This has been a really poor reading month for me. I only managed to read seven books and out of those I have only got around to reviewing three, so I am going to be a bit heavy on the reviews over the next few days to clear the backlog.
Here are seven books that I have read this month.
1) Uglies by Scott Westerfield
2) Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
3) Amy & Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout.
4) Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
5) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
6) Sleep, Pale Sister by Joanne Harris
7) Snow Flower and The Secret Fan by Lisa See
I usually read so many more than that a month, but in my defence, I was on holiday for a week and the kids have been off all of this week, so not much time to read. I really enjoyed all the books that I read. Out of them all, I think my favourite would have to be Shiver. I would highly recommend this one.
I am happy to say that in October I managed to finish the 100 books Challenge, with still two months to go. If you click here, you will see the books I have read this year to get me to 100. I am not too sure if I will manage the other challenges so easily, unless my reading speed picks up.
I also want to wrap up the RIP challenge, which I completed and which finished yesterday.
I managed to read eight books for this challenge which mainly consisted of ghost stories and Gothic thrillers. Here is my list.
1) Angelica by Arthur Phillips
2) The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
3) Flyte by Angie Sage
4) The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshlyn Jackson
5) Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier
6) Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
7)The Spellbound Hotel by Tom Eglington
8) Sleep, Pale Sister by Joanne Harris
I am really pleased to have read eight books for this challenge as I only signed up for four.
How are you doing with your challenges this week.