1) My lovely brand new felt brooch made by my friend Anne.
Anne has recently set up an Etsy shop and is selling lots of lovely handmade goodies. Anne is one of the most creative people I know and I so pleased that she has finally taken the plunge to open her own Etsy store. If you click on Etsy Store it will take you right to her little shop.
2) Valentine's Day. We had a nice relaxing day at home, as I cannot stand how restaurants become like cattle markets on speical occassion days, by rushing you in and out. So hubby decided to make dinner for the girls and me. We had a lovely roast, followed by cheesecake. It was delicious. Hubby also gave me a couple of presents for Valentines Day. He gave me some book vouchers which I have already spent;I will show you what I bought on Monday. He also surprised me with tickets to see the Most Haunted team at our local theatre. He knows how much I love the show and I had mentioned to him the possibility of us going, and he went and bought tickets. I can't wait.
3) Half term. The girls have been off school all week and we really have had a go slow week, which has been lovely. The girls are getting to that age, where they would rather have friends around than go out places, which is fine by me. They had their first sleepover this week and no one got to sleep before 2am! I made them let me read all the next day, to compensate for running around after them the night before. Luckily, they were really tired all day any way.
4) Warmer weather. I can feel it getting warmer outside and this has been the first week I have gone out without my gloves and scarf. The evenings are getting lighter too, which is always a plus.
5) Spending time with my baby cousin. Suzanne came to visit my family today and I always refer to her as my baby cousin, even though she is in her late twenties now. I spent a lot of time with her when she was little and I suppose a name just sticks. I hope to see a lot more of her soon.
So there are my good things this week. How about you? What made you smile this week?