I thought I would do my monthly round up a little differently this month and actually give myself a little reading list for June too. I thought if my reading was a little more directed, I might read a little more.
Firstly here is a list of books I read this month.
1) The Victorian Chaise-Longue by Marghanita Laski
2) The Onion Girl by Charles De Lint
3) Could it Be Magic by Melanie Rose
4) Stargazer by Claudia Gray
5) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
6) Nightingale Wood by Stella Gibbons
7) The Vampire Diaries - The Awakening by L.J. Smith (to be reviewed)
8) The Vampire Diaries - The Struggle by L.J. Smith (to be reviewed)
9) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (to be reviewed)
I am presently reading two books which I hoped to finish before the end of the month, but that didn't happen. They were We Hear The Dead by Dianne K. Salermi and The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King.
A real slow reading month for me, but I have been rather busy. Out of all the books I read I think The Onion Girl and Nightingale Woods were my favourite reads of the month.
My least favourite would definitely be The League of Extraordinary Gentleman which bored me completely.
I thought I would make a little pile of books that I hope to read this month. I am going to try really hard to keep to these books, but I do have Monsters of Men, the final book in Patrick Cave's trilogy on order from the library and when that comes all other books will be put aside!
Anyway, here is a list of what I hope to read this month.
1) The Hollow by Jessica Verday
2)Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
3) White Cat by Holly Black
4) Scottsboro by Ellen Feldman
5) Dear Scott, Dearest Zelda by Jackson R. Bryer and Cathy W. Barks
6) Dewey by Vicki Myron
7) The House of Lost Souls by F.G Cottam
8) The Tricking of Freya by Christina Sunley
9) Fair Play by Tove Jansson
10) Summertime by J.M. Coetzee
So wish me luck on completing my first monthly reading list.
How many did you read this week? Do you have a reading list?