Being a huge fan of the Sarah Midnight books, I am pleased to welcome the fabulous author, Daniela Sacerdoti, onto the blog, to tell us seven secrets about herself as the final stop on the Spirit blog tour.
1) I used to be a Primary teacher. I love children and I miss teaching, though writing is better!
2) I am a Libra. Very, very much of a Libra. My birthday is on the 19th of October. I’ll be 41.
3) I recently took up running, and I love it. I’m very slow and horrifically unfit, but it makes me feel so good (after I catch my breath, that is).
4) My dad was Jewish, and his great grandfather changed the family name from Cohen to Sacerdoti to make it more Italian and less ‘foreign’, so to speak. Both Cohen and Sacerdoti mean ‘priest’, in Hebrew and Italian respectively.
5) I adore Halloween and everything that’s dark and spooky. I decorate the whole house and my children and I do a lot of art and baking and Halloween-related fun. Halloween doesn’t exist in Italy, it was a completely new thing for me when I moved to Scotland, and I have wholeheartedly embraced it!
6) I am a huge fan of Diana Gabaldon. In Watch Over Me, the hero is called Jamie after Jamie Mackenzie Fraser of Outlander fame.
7) My claim to fame is that I wrote an episode of Nina and the Neurons on Cbeebies.
Spirit, the final instalment of The Sarah Midnight Trilogy, is published this September by Black and White Publishing.
To find out more about Daniela Sacerdoti: