So here is the list of books I have read this month with my favourites highlighted in blue.
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- Skylight Confession by Alice Hoffman
- The Spook's Secret by Joseph Delaney
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
- Mudbound by Hilary Jordan
- The Gorgon's Gaze by Julia Golding
- The Shamer's Signet by Lene Kaaberbol
- Cinnamon City by Miranda Innes
- Stranded by Jasmine Aherne
- Truths Unveiled by Kimberly Alan
- The Haunting of the Sandpiper Inn by Elizabeth Black
This was the first month that I have struggled through a couple of books when really I should have given up. It is so hard to give up on a book though, as I hate to be defeated. However, they left me a little disinterested in reading, which has had me struggling to pick up a book to read since.
How many books did you read this month?
Do you find that certain books put you off reading for awhile?