This challenge is hosted by Aarti over at BookLust
Here is the information from the challenge from Aarti's post.
The Flashback Challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010.
You can sign up for the following levels:
Bookworm - Up to three books
Scholar - Four to six books
Literati - Over six books
I am going to go for Literati and I actually intend to re-read the following nine books.
1) Dear Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
2) Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
3) The Children of Green Knowe by Lucy Boston
4) Moonacre by Elizabeth Goudge
5) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
6) Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7) Ballet Shoes by Noel Steatfield
8) The Wind In the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
9) The Borrowers by Mary Norton.
I am really excited by this one, as I get to re-read lots of books I have loved.
The GLBT Challenge is hosted by the lovely Amanda over at The Zen Leaf. Now I missed out on this challenge this year, so I am eager to join in for next year.
Here is the information from the challenge site.
The Challenge runs from 1st January to 31st December 2010.
The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors.The challenge runs year-round, and there will be three levels of participation:
Lambda Level: Read 4 books.
Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.
Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.
As this is a new genre for me, I am going to start with the easy one first, I will do the Lambda level to read 4 books.
I have chosen my four books for this challenge already and they are as follows:
1) Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
2) Wicked by Gregory Maguire
3) The Painted Veil by W.Somerset Maughan
4) Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
If you want to join either challenge, then click on the pictures which will take you right to the challenge page.